Co-Opinion is a policy-oriented youth solidarity network in the Middle East & North Africa that mobilizes youth civil society organizations, student councils, and academic institutes to advocate youth policies in the region. We call for applications for our academic team!
- This application targets students who want to apply their academic skills within civil society realm
- Pursuing BA, MA, or Ph.D.at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Faculty of Economic & Administrative Sciences, Faculty of Management; Law School or Social Sciences.in Istanbul
- Having an excellent command of English
What do we offer?
- All positions are part-time, non-paid, and volunteer-based.
- Our team members can find the opportunity for meeting distinguished intellectuals, business people, and journalists in person. Most importantly, the Co-Opinion team has the chance to work closely with the distinguished members of the Advisory Board.
- Our team members regularly pay visit to established institutions to conduct bilateral meetings. In addition, the Co-Opinion Network is represented in important events / activities. Our team members are highly encouraged to represent our organization on these occasions.
- We organize trainings, conferences, and round-table discussions to improve the skill set of our team. For instance, we organize Co-Talks, exclusive for the team.
- Our volunteers also find the chance to take part in the activities abroad, especially in the Middle East & North Africa.
- By engaging with project cycle management / fundraising and grant applications, organizing numerous events, and playing active role in our public relations, our volunteers enhance their capabilities in various fields.
- Our volunteers also enjoy international exchange and have the privilege to discuss the pressing problems of the youth with their peers across the region.
- The applicant is expected to spend approximately 5-6 hours per week for the organization.
- Helping the Academic Team with administrative duties,
- Crafting policy briefs for contemporary political issues. – Contributing to research activities,
- Delineating the main framework / content of the activities.
- The applicant is expected to send her/his CV/Resume & portfolio to Erhan Arslan, Director of Academic Affairs.
- The application deadline is April, 15, 2016.
- The applications will be reviewed on first-come-first-served basis. In a week after the submission of the application, the applicant will be notified about the status of his/her application.
- The selected applicants will have a face-to-face interview with some directors and coordinators of the network. The applicant will be notified about final decision in a week after the interview.